Lessons To Pick Up in Navigating Through Life

My husband and I met when we were in college. We were two struggling students who were trying to survive each semester with what little we had that time. With the grace of God, we finished with flying colours and had no difficulty looking for our first job. We have enjoyed going on a date with two cups of noodles and a movie in the comfort of our dorms to dressing up to go to fancy restaurants and actually going to a movie house. We were not in a hurry. We were both focusing on our careers and living in the present. That is what I loved about him. He never took what we had for granted. We were content and happy.

Until one day, I was invited by my best friend to have a vacation by the beach. Little did I know that she was in cahoots with my husband. That night, I had slept with a huge rock on my finger and a smile on my face leaving that beach with a fiancé instead of a boyfriend. The wedding was a small gathering composed of our family and our closest friends. It was the happiest day of my life. That was until a few years later.
Two years and counting, we were happy in our small condo. It became a safe haven. It was big enough for the two of us and every morning I wake up facing the world with him again and again. It would be hypocritical of me to tell you every day was happy. Some days we had our fights, but we resolved them as soon as we can. After talking about our problems and concerns, everything was buried under the hatchet. We did not like bringing up old wounds after it was resolved. It was just fair for the both of us to do that. Everything fell into place until I found out I was pregnant. When I told him, he was so shocked I think his world stopped. We were both happy, but nervous as hell. We were new at this and we had no idea if we were going to do great or if we were going to mess up.

In preparation for our baby, we had to move out. Our condo was too tiny to accommodate a growing family. We canvassed and searched for a new house we could permanently move in to. Anyways, we have saved enough money for the down payment since we have been expecting that sooner or later our family would grow bigger. Before my eight month of pregnancy, we finally bought our first house. I had to consult my friends and my family if they knew where I could find the cheapest storage space in Singapore. There were a few items I did not want lingering inside the house nor did I want to throw them away. Maybe, this could also be used like a warehouse for my children’s school projects as well. It may seem petty, but I do not want to throw them away. I also had to ask help for the relocation of our stuff to Singapore. At least we were close to our work and a foreseeable school for our baby.

I searched the internet for reviews and recommendations regarding the best relocation service I could find in Singapore. Thankfully, I found one fast that had a lot of positive reviews. When I contacted them, they were very friendly. Their quotations were reasonable. They were also dutiful and punctual. They arrived at the exact time they allotted. They also took our furniture, appliances, and items with great care. Not a single item was broken. If I may say so myself, their one and only flaw is that they are such a professional in their line of work they put other businesses to shame. My excitement over our house has increased tenfold when the movers got to put our items in the house. I cannot wait for my little bundle of joy to share this space with us.

So, here are a few tips to remember as you navigate your relationship with your partner. Never bring out old or petty memories into the open every fight you have. Second, take things slow or at the discretion of your pacing. It is different for every couple out there. Do not conform to the world because each and every couple is unique. Third, make big decisions together like buying a house. If you do buy a house, make sure to hire people who are very professional in their relocation service. You do not want your items to be broken, mishandled, or stolen. Lastly, enjoy the little moments.

I am still learning how to be a great mom, but I am not the greatest partner either. We just have to try, revise, and try again. I am not perfect, but that is what makes the journey more interesting and colourful. The lessons you gather from your mistakes mould you to be a better person, partner, parent, and friend.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

The Case for Creating Architectural Models

The Best Flowers for All Occasions

For Any Occasion: 4 Reasons Why You Should Buy Personalized Gifts in Singapore